5.26.2009

Things 6 & 7

Ah, Google Reader and I are old friends. I currently have a large number of RSS feeds I read on a daily basis. The majority are book related - my favorite book review sites, library related comic strips, the blogs of favorite authors and by other librarians. I also follow a few techy blogs- here are the sites of my favorites:

1. Engadget for keeping track of the latest technology news
2. Life Hacker not only a tech site, but offers solutions and shortcuts for a variety of life situations. Sometimes this is a bit of a DIY site.
3. Switched similar to engadget, provides tech and internet related news
4. Neil Gaiman's Journal because even though I haven't read his work, I find him interesting (and cute)
5. The Graveyard Shift A blog that provides real life accounts of what it's like to work for law enforcement, in order to help writers write accurately. A lot of really interesting stuff is on this blog that I didn't know about the police!

For a while I was checking my blogs through bookmarks, but when I started becoming interested in working in libraries as a career, I switched to Google Reader. Now I'm surprised I ever went without it!

No comments:

Post a Comment