5.19.2009

Things 3, 4 & 5

So, I have created a flickr account and have uploaded some pictures of my patio with my summer plants, and my new kitten.

I found the organizing method different than other photo sites I've used before (photobucket), and the exploding icon was amusing when removing items. I also used the import contacts feature and found a few friends on flickr and looked at their photos. I liked that it supported email hosts other than yahoo, as my primary email account is through gmail.

I did a search for purple + wallpaper to try and find some awesome wallpapers for my home desktop. I liked the results I got from flickr more than the same search I did on google using image color search. The quality of the photo was much nicer. However, unless the image had been made available in all sizes, I was not able get a high-resolution copy of that image, which was frustrating. I understand flickr might not be meant for that purpose though.

Here is a picture of my kitty, Napoleon, that I uploaded on flickr.

napleongarden003-1

He's being sleepy.

I tried to go to the spell with flickr page but kept getting a response error and the page would not load. Instead, I tried flickrfling using the engadget rss feed to pull up flickr images. It was a bit slow, and not really a great way to get news, but it was interesting!

Then I went to colr pickr and pulled up a bunch of images in purple (of course!). I liked that mashup a lot, but I think I'm a very color oriented person, so that makes sense to me.

Finally, I went to FD toys and edited a photo with a caption. It reminded me trying to put together a few manga pages in photoshop in highschool. I know this isn't really meant to be a professional comic-making tool but I think it could be used for that without too much trouble. I just wish you could resize the shapes.

captioner76f9ec74c8ebedba799f805bf0828d99505c2c12

Image chef was a little too cheesy for my tastes. And then I tried Comic Strip Creator.

created[1].at.www.FotoTrix.com

Cool effect, ugly watermark, and I don't mean the ripples!

jigsawee47e2e2f15b36f8bc1128b7b4fd2fe63549c7ce

Now that's a really cool effect. Spiffy!

No comments:

Post a Comment